A RRSP GIC is used to invest funds at a fixed rate in a Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
|**Indicates a special offer for a limited time. Some conditions apply. Contact your branch for details.
Contact a Branch near you.
Interest is calculated daily and is paid at maturity for terms of one year or less or annually for terms exceeding one year. Rates subject to change without notice.
RRSP Savings Account
You can deposit money in your RRSP Savings Account at any time, within your RRSP contribution limits.
You can set up automatic deposits to this account to ensure that you are putting the desired amount of funds aside for your retirement.
You can withdraw funds from this account at any time however withdrawals from a RRSP are taxable in the year of the withdrawal.
Contact a Branch near you
Interest rate is variable. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly. Rate subject to change without notice.
How a RRSP works
- Contributions to a RRSP are deductible for tax purposes.
- Income earned is not taxable so long as it stays in the RRSP.
- Withdrawals from a RRSP are taxable in the year of the withdrawal.
- Annual RRSP contribution limits are calculated based on your income.
- Any unused RRSP contribution room can be carried forward to future years.
- To view the updated RRSP Declaration of Trust, please click here.